862 Elliott Road
Lopez Island, WA 98261
Sunrise from the gazebo
“Best Places To Kiss in the Northwest”
Romantic, remote lodging in the exclusive area
of Jasper Bay, Lopez Island,
San Juan Islands, Washington
At Blue Fjord Cabins you will find everything you ever wanted in a romantic vacation, including undisturbed serenity and breathtaking views of Jasper Bay and Ram Island as well as Mount Baker and the Cascade Mountains from a waterfront gazebo.
- Relish breathtaking vistas from our shorefront gazebo.
- Relax, read, or dine on your own private deck.
- Listen to the music of the myriad birds that call our
forest their home.
- Watch for the bald eagles who also love the serenity
of our special spot on Jasper Bay.
- Rekindle romance over an intimate picnic lunch on the
sandy beach of Blue Fjord Cabins.
- Watch for the otters frolicking in the bay.
- Curl up with a book or snooze on your comfortable featherbed.
- Retreat from the rest of the world!
Nestled among mature fir and cedar groves on six acres of land, Blue Fjord Cabins are comfortably furnished and feature fully equipped kitchens.
- Each cabin is totally smoke-free.
- Each cabin is separated from the other by woods and is totally private.
- Each cabin accommodates one or two persons only.
- Each cabin has an open beam ceiling and a skylight.
- The brass queen sized beds have down pillows,
featherbeds, and down duvets, a comfort rarely found in a cabin retreat.
- The kitchenettes are fully furnished so you can easily
prepare your meals.
- The deck of each cabin has dining table and chairs as well
as chairs for reading. The perfect place for
your morning coffee or evening wine.
- A large Barred Owl has chosen
to live in the woods between the Norway and the Sweden cabins. He is not
shy and guests adore him.
While staying at Blue Fjord Cabins, some guests prefer to rest, relax, and rejuvenate while others like constant action! Some of the activities we recommend are:
- Ride a bicycle through miles of rolling farmland.
- Paddle a kayak along the coastline and explore protected bays
- Enjoy views of the islands from the hiking trail
- Hike the trail at Shark Reef Park where seals bask on the rocky
outcroppings and enjoy a sunset.
- Fish for a day or forever (and return to Blue Fjord to cook your catch!)
- Visit the Farmers Market on a summer Saturday morning
where locally grown produce & artisan wares are available.
- Visit an art gallery and take home a souvenir.
- Treat yourself to a taste of some wines at San Juan’s
oldest winery, Lopez Island Vineyard.
- Ride the ferry to Friday Harbor for free and take a whale boat to view our orcas. This is an adventure you won’t forget! And at the end of the day, you can ride the ferry back (for free) and return to our serene and peaceful island.
Blue Fjord Cabins is featured in:
- The Rough Guide To the Pacific Northwest, 4th Edition:
“A quiet retreat in the woods, offering two cozy, secluded cabins at reasonable rates.”
- Best Places To Kiss in the Northwest, 9th Edition:
“These remote cabins offer a lovely forested setting near the water and a total escape from everything but each other.”
- Moon Handbooks, Washington and Moon Handbooks, San Juan Islands:
“Two secluded chalet style log cabins in a quiet, wooded setting…this is a fine place to relax…”
Our Guests Are Saying:
- "Our cabin was perfect in every way and just what we had hoped for”
- “Thank you for a lovely and tranquil place to stay. We enjoyed our weekend on Lopez Island tremendously. Our only sadness was that we had to leave and catch the ferry on Monday morning!”
- “We loved the coffee & tea setup.”
Blue Fjord is the perfect place for a small wedding or elopement…at the end of a winding country lane, at our waterfront gazebo, nothing could be more private, more romantic, or more intimate than a wedding at Blue Fjord.
Our Elopement Package is $395 + tax and includes:
Information for larger groups, please inquire.
- Flowers upon arrival
- Wedding ceremony on property for just the two of you
- A nondenominational minister to officiate
- Two keepsake champagne flutes
Three or Four night stay: $170 / Night + tax
Five or more nights stay: $160 / Night + tax
Open from July 1, 2013 - September 3, 2013
Holidays/Special events: Rates are higher.
Rates are subject to change without notice.
A minimum stay is required (see General Information
- Owned and operated by Lorraine Lewis and her husband, Tom Lewis, former Colorado award-winning innkeepers
- Arrival on Lopez Island is by ferry – it is said that getting here is half the fun! Check the current schedule.
- Gift certificates are available.
- The cabins and property are totally smoke free.
- A minimum stay of 3 nights is always required. If you are needing a 1 or 2 night stay, we occasionally have a break between reservations so please phone us at 888-633-0401 or e-mail us at email@example.com. If you book less than the minimum stay, a small surcharge of $20 may apply.
- We require an advance deposit equal to 50% of the total amount. The deposit is due within seven days of the date you make the reservation. Bookings within one month of stay require a full deposit.
- Although we request a credit card to secure the reservation, we are a small property with reasonable rates. To keep the rates low, we take deposits by check only and the balance is due one month prior to arrival, also by check.
- Deposits, less a $30.00 processing fee, will be refunded provided written notice of cancellation is received 14 days prior to arrival (30 days for holidays and special events). Deposits cannot be refunded with less notice. Cancellations can either be by fax at 360-468-2749 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Guests are responsible for payments of all nights reserved.
- Self Check-In begins at 4:00 P.M.
- Check-Out is at or before 11:00 A.M.
- As these are self contained cabins, housekeeping is only provided for those staying one week or more.
- Kitchens are fully equipped. You need bring only your food.
- Dogs are permitted in only one cabin. There is a $25 per pet per day fee. Well-behaved, housebroken dogs only, please.
Web Page Design and Hosting by
Colorado Bed and Breakfast - "On the Web"
All rights reserved.